Who We Are
Organizations from the community of psychoanalysis and psychoanalytic psychotherapy throughout the Washington, DC – Baltimore region collaborate on developing and maintaining this website. The organizations’ shared purpose is to provide information about their training and continuing education programs to their members and a wider community. Participation is open to other organizations in the region with like-minded goals (contact us to find out more). The site encourages members to share announcements and views on topics of professional interest. The organizations listed as members share equally in the nominal costs of maintaining the site. The named representatives for each organization serve informally, if needed, as an ongoing editorial committee.
History and Appreciation:
This website updates and replaces our earlier regional calendar which required editorial time and financial commitments by the Washington Center for Psychoanalysis and the Baltimore Washington Center for Psychoanalysis. Our thanks and appreciation go to the two training institutes, the three local affiliates of APA’s Division 39, and the Jungian Analysts of Washington who got us started.
The participation of the Contemporary Freudian (DC), ICP&P, IPI and The Washington School of Psychiatry have strengthened the initial group of six. The calendar and website now reflect a wide range of educational opportunities. Maddie Grant of SocialFish gets full credit for helping us, from the beginning, to embrace social technology and use it to build our community, and for re-designing and revitalizing our new site.
Psychoanalytic Calendar Steering Committee
- Maxine Arnsdorf, Institute of Contemporary Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis (ICP&P)
- Sarah Brandel, Washington Professionals for the Study of Psychoanalysis (WPSP)
- Melanie Starr Costello, Jungian Analysts of Washington Association (JAWA)
- Lynn Hamerling, Washington Society of Psychoanalytic Psychology (WSPP)
- Anna Innes, International Psychotherapy Institute (IPI)
- Joanne Gold, Baltimore Society for Psychoanalytic Studies (BSPS)
- Elizabeth Manne, Baltimore Washington Center for Psychoanalysis (BWCP)
- Roberta Sorensen, Washington Center for Psychoanalysis (WCP)
- Harry Gill, Washington School of Psychiatry (WSP)